Hudson’s Bay Financial Services is running a contest with the opportunity to win 1 of 15 – $150 Hudson’s Bay eGift cards.
- The contest will consist of one random draw to select fifteen individual potential winners from qualifying entries received.
- The draw will consist of Facebook users that have liked Hudson’s Bay Financial Services Facebook page between June 30th, 2017 @ 10:00 am EST (contest opening) through July 17th, 2017 @ 5:00 pm EST (contest closing) for the chance to win an eGift Card.
- Users must have a PUBLIC Facebook account to participate. Private accounts will not be eligible.
- Only one entry will be accepted per participant.
- The winner must contact Hudson’s Bay Financial Services with their contact information in a private message on Facebook or direct message on Twitter once they are announced as the winner.
- Each potential winner will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond or a new potential winner will be chosen.
- Hudson’s Bay Financial Services retain the right to alter or cancel this contest at any time.
These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) of the Hudson’s Bay Financial Services Facebook Like Us/Follow us Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest is sponsored by Hudson’s Bay Financial Services (the “Sponsor”) and managed by idig Marketing Inc.
There are fifteen prizes of $150 Hudson’s Bay eGift Cards in total to be awarded. The prizes may not be exchanged for cash, are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-saleable.
THE CONTEST PERIOD
The contest period begins on Friday, June 30th, 2017 at 10:00am (EST) and ends on Monday, July 17th, 2017 at 5:00pm (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
To enter and be eligible to win, you must be a resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence (excluding residents of the province of Quebec). You are not eligible to enter this Contest if you are – or you live with – an employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor or idig Marketing Inc., or each of their parent, affiliates or licensees.
To participate in this Contest, you must complete following actions during the Contest Period: 1) Visit http://hbfs.idigdev.net/15-for-150/ during the Contest Period, complete the contact information and click “submit”; and 2) LIKE the Hudson’s Bay Financial Services official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HudsonsBayFinancialServices. Each submission that satisfies these two criteria will qualify as one (1) entry. Limit of one (1) entry per entrant. Entrants must set their Facebook account to “public” in order to participate. Entrants with “private” accounts will not be eligible for entry into the Contest.
Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, spambot or entry methods not authorized by these Official Rules, will be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. Only one e-mail address and Facebook account may be used to enter the Contest.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the submission (i.e. the person who is assigned to that e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domains associated with the submitted e-mail address). Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer programs to enter, that entrant will be disqualified from the Contest; and the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all such entrants from future contests conducted by the Sponsor without further notice.
Upon the conclusion of the Contest Period, there will be a random draw, at approximately 3:00pm EST, on July 31st, 2017, to select fifteen (15) entrants to be the potential winners of the prizes.
For each draw, the Sponsor, or its designated representatives, will contact the selected entrant via Facebook message. The selected entrant must respond within 24 hours of being so contacted, by sending a private message with their phone number. The Sponsor, or its designated representatives, will then contact the selected entrant via phone within 24 hours, and will administer, at a mutually convenient time (no later than 10 days following the first contact), a mathematical skill-testing question.
To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must first (a) correctly answer, on the first attempt, the time-limited, skill-testing mathematical question without the assistance of any person and without the use of any calculating device; and (b) sign and return (within the time specified) a declaration and release form satisfactory to the Sponsor.
If any selected contestant is ineligible, incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question or cannot be reached within the times specified, or return the completed declaration and release form within the times specified, the selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected in accordance with the process set out above, until there is a winner or there are no more entries for that week.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest duration.
The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or alter this Contest at any time or to alter the Official Rules without prior notice in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, or the odds of winning. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Entries are subject to verification, and will be declared invalid if they are or become illegible, reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final.
Terms and conditions of the eGift card apply. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
The Sponsor will not bear any liability for:
- Contest entries which are disqualified by the Sponsor
- The loss, theft or misuse of a prize
- Any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to the Contest or the prize
- Any errors or omissions in advertising this Contest, or in the announcement of winners in the Contest
- Failure of the Internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile devices as a result of participating in the Contest.
- Prizes are non-transferable; no prize substitution or cash redemption allowed as provided herein.
By entering this contest and voluntarily providing their personal information, entrants consent and agree to the Sponsor’s collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest, including contacting an entrant in relation to the Contest. The Sponsor will not use an entrant’s personal information for any other reason, nor will the Sponsor otherwise disclose an entrant’s personal information to any third party. However, by entering the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and photos in any publicity relating to the Contest, without compensation.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, these Official Rules will prevail.
The Contest and these Official Rules are governed exclusively by and will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute will be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.
Facebook is not collecting Contest entries or data of any kind in the Contest, and is in no way sponsoring, endorsing or administering this Contest.