When travelling, it’s equally important to not only keep your electronics safe but also keep your data secure.
- When booking your trip, make sure to use only reputable travel sites. Be wary of sites that offer too good to be true deals, and never submit payment or personal information on unsecured sites.
- Ensure that all of your devices have strong passwords, and turn on device tracking if available.
- Update software on your laptop, tablet and computer so they are running the latest security patches.
- Back up all of your data in case your devices are lost or stolen.
- Remember that public Wi-Fi is not always secure and that any information transmitted could be intercepted by a hacker. Keep your data secure by not logging in to any websites, such as your bank, while on public Wi-Fi.
- Be cautious of using charging stations. Malicious software could be transferred to your device when connected to a compromised charger.
- To help prevent theft, keep devices within your sight at all times, and lock them in your room safe when not needed.
After Returning Home
- It’s recommended to reset log-in passwords for all your accounts, just in case your credentials were compromised while travelling.
- Monitor your banking, social networking and email accounts for any suspicious activity or log-in attempts.
It’s extremely convenient to store all of our information online, but it’s crucial to take all the necessary precautions to keep data secure, especially while travelling.
InfoProtector® 360 is a new product offered through Hudson’s Bay Financial Services that provides device protection in addition to keeping data secure.
The InfoProtector® 360 Premier plan includes:
- device tune-up reimbursement
- data backup
- lost device scream deterrent
- lost device remote lock and wipe
- lost device location picture and mapping
- lost device return
All InfoProtector® 360 plans include an emergency cash advance, one-call card cancellation, a secure online vault to keep copies of important information and lost wallet/purse reimbursement.
Hudson’s Bay Financial Services is proud to team up with Sigma Loyalty Group, the provider of InfoProtector® 360. Safeguarding you everywhere you go with a secure online vault to store important information, protection for your portable devices and their stored data, and travel information and alerts to help you stay safe away from home.