Are you planning a vacation this season? Do you have a strategy to keep all your digital devices secure while travelling? Not only are devices expensive to replace, but increasingly they also contain personal information that can compromise your identity and financial accounts if stolen. In order to keep your personal data safe while on vacation, take precautions to safeguard your cellphone, laptop and tablet.
- Use password protection. Ensure that each of your devices has a strong password made up of a random combination of letters and numbers. Use a different password for each device to keep data safe.
- Enable tracking. Some devices have native applications that allow you to track the device through GPS location. If your equipment has this capability, enable it before leaving on your trip and make sure you know how to use it properly if needed.
- Keep devices out of sight. Lock your cellphone, laptop and tablet in your hotel room safe when you don’t need to use them. When carrying your devices with you, make sure to store them in a locking bag that can’t be easily pickpocketed.
- Be careful with Wi-Fi. When connecting to Wi-Fi, especially open networks, be cautious about logging on to accounts. Open networks could be hacked, jeopardizing your information.
With the amount of information stored on our digital devices, it’s important to treat them like a wallet or passport when travelling. InfoProtector® 360 is a new service through Hudson’s Bay Financial Services that offers customers complete device protection in addition to keeping data safe.
The InfoProtector® 360 Premier plan includes:
- device tune-up reimbursement
- data backup
- lost device scream deterrent
- lost device remote lock and wipe
- lost device location picture and mapping
- lost device return
All the InfoProtector® plans include an emergency cash advance, one-call card cancellation, a secure online vault to keep copies of important information and lost wallet/purse reimbursement.
Hudson’s Bay Financial Services is proud to team up with Sigma Loyalty Group, the provider of InfoProtector 360. Protecting you everywhere, you go, with a secure online vault to store important information, protecting your portable devices and stored information on them, travel information and alerts to help you stay safe away from home.
1 Hudson’s Bay Rewards points offers may change without notice. All Rewards points will be awarded within four to six weeks.
This page is also available in: FR