Child Plan™: A secure and flexible way to invest for your child’s future
Your Children’s Future Won’t Be Limited
Freedom to Choose
Annual Dividends for Life
Whole Life Insurance
What is Child Plan?
Child Plan is a Participating Whole Life insurance plan and a tax-free investment that can be opened by parents and grandparents in Canada.
With Child Plan, your child or grandchild will receive a tax-free dividend every year for life, which will give them the freedom to:
- Study any program at any university or college, anywhere in the world without restrictions.
- Buy their first home,
- Start their own company one day, if that’s their dream
- Follow whatever dream in life they will have
And so many more benefits that include,
- Opening a Child Plan “Participating” Whole Life insurance plan for your child as early as 14 days after birth.
- The cash value in the plan grows tax-sheltered for the entire life of the child
- The child can access the cash values for any education or financial need in life
- The plan cash value and life insurance grows tax-free and can be transferred to the child totally tax-free anytime in life after they are 18 years of age.
- The plan includes continuously growing whole life insurance on the life of the child that is intended for future generations
- Child Plan can be opened by parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles or legal guardians.
Receive a Child Plan personalized illustration by email presenting the cash and insurance values for your child’s future.
With Child Plan, your child will receive a tax-free annual dividend for life that they can use for any education program around the world and towards a down payment on a home or for any financial need in life, even if they don’t attend university.
Sample Illustration of Child Plan Cash & Insurance Values (based on a monthly deposit of $225 per month)
|AGE||ACCUMULATED CASH VALUE||LIFE INSURANCE VALUE|
Sample illustration is based on a $225 monthly premium for twenty years, starting when the child is less than 1. Cash and life insurance values are based on the current dividend scale of 6.20% from a Canadian Life Insurance Company. This example is strictly for illustrative purpose only, the annual dividend scale is not guaranteed and values may differ.
Due to provincial regulations, Rewards Points are not available for any quotes or enrolments to customers located in ON, PQ, NS, PEI and NFLD.
WHO IS CHILD PLAN?
As Canada’s leader in financial planning for children, we’re committed to helping parents plan for their children’s futures. Whether it’s your child’s dream to get a first-rate education, buy their own home, start their own business one day or travel the world helping others in less advantaged places, Insurance for Children helps parents invest in their children to achieve their dreams. Whatever they may be.
Did you know?
Did you know that participating whole life plans are the only tax-free investments parents and grandparents can open for their children and grandchildren in Canada?
Latest Child Plan Insurance Articles
Information about the Canada Child Benefit and how parents can use it to invest in their child’s financial planning. The Canada Child Benefit (CCB) replaced the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) and the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) as of July 1, 2016, and is the...
As a loving and responsible parent, you hope to provide your children with a better life than yours. From the day your child is born, you plan and save for their future, and do your best to support them so that they can live out their dreams. This is what our...