Your home is supposed to be a sanctuary, where you and your family are safe and comfortable. However, it’s also a place where many preventable accidents occur. Take a few precautions to help ensure your house doesn’t contribute to any accidental injuries.
Since falls are the leading cause of injury-related deaths and hospitalizations in Canada,1 it’s important to take the appropriate precautions to keep everyone safe in your home.
- Keep walkways clear, and clean up clutter on the floor.
- Repair or remove tripping hazards such as loose carpets or uneven floorboards.
- Install handrails and grab bars on stairways and in bathrooms.
- Follow proper procedures and safety recommendations when using a ladder.
Many accidental poisonings happen in the home. Apply these safety measures to keep your family safe from accidental injuries.
- Install safety locks on cabinets to restrict access.
- Always keep poisonous substances in their original containers.
- Never store potentially poisonous substances with food or drink.
- Always follow a doctor’s orders when taking medications, and never mix medications without approval.
If you have a pool in your backyard, it’s crucial everyone stays safe.
- Install a fence with a latched gate around the pool.
- Always supervise children when they are in the backyard or swimming.
- Keep lifesaving equipment and a first-aid kit near the pool.
Even with the best precautions, accidental injuries occur. With Life, Disability and Income Insurance through Hudson’s Bay Financial Services, you can receive money each month while you take time to recover from an accident or injury. Policies start at $19.99 a month, and we offer guaranteed acceptance for everyone aged 18 through 69. Plus, you can earn up to 4,000 Hudson’s Bay Rewards points when you use a valid Canadian-issued credit card to pay your premiums.1
Get guaranteed coverage in minutes to
protect you and your family from financial instability.
1 Each Hudson’s Bay Rewards points offer is limited to one Rewards account per household. Rewards points will be issued within four to six weeks.
When you use a valid Canadian-issued credit card to pay your monthly premiums, you will earn 1,000 Rewards points when you enrol for a $200/month benefit; 2,000 Rewards points for a $250/month benefit; 4,000 Rewards points for a $500 benefit; 6,000 Rewards points for a $750/month benefit and 8,000 Rewards points for a $1,000/month benefit.
Earn up to 8,000 Rewards points on the anniversary date of your policy. Rewards points will not be pro-rated if you cancel before the anniversary date.