There are so many ways to practice self-care. You could take a spa day, go to the beach, try something new, rest for a whole day, or get extra beauty sleep. However, travelling is arguably the best way to treat and revitalize yourself. Read on to find out why you should be travelling for self-care.
Travelling is Self-care
While travelling can certainly be stressful, it truly is a form of self-care. Experiencing other cultures, trying new foods and activities, and meeting new people are all ways to open your mind and help you understand yourself better. Travelling and exploring the world – or your own country – lets you do all of that and more. You’ll probably also end up detoxing from social media and your phone while you’re travelling, which are also forms of self-care.
Travelling is self-care because it provides countless moments for learning, appreciation, reflection, relaxation, and joy.
Why Travel for Self-care?
If you’re not travelling for self-care, you’re missing out. There are so many reasons to travel for self-care beyond what we’ve already mentioned.
Here are a bunch of reasons why you should travel for self-care:
- It’s enlightening and exciting.
- You can connect with yourself.
- You get to connect with others.
- It makes you feel better and brighter.
- It can push your boundaries and help you grow.
- It can be an emotional journey you learn from.
- It opens your eyes and changes how you see the world.
- You become a more empathetic person.
- You get to walk in someone else’s shoes.
- It helps to put things in perspective.
- You get to eat a lot of new and delicious foods.
- You can make new friends and meaningful relationships.
- It gives you a break from your mundane routine.
- You get to take time alone and be present in nature.
- It can heal a broken heart.
- It can help reignite your passion.
If you’re not convinced, maybe you should just give it a try – you deserve it!
Suggestions for Travelling for Self-care
Interested in getting away from it all and treating yourself to some self-care travel? We’ve got a few tips on how to start.
- Book a yoga retreat. Yoga is good for the mind and body, and there are many yoga retreats in beautiful places.
- Get into nature. Go camping somewhere close or go stay in a cabin in the jungle somewhere.
- Take a road trip. If you like to drive, hit the open road and spend some quality time with yourself while seeing all the sites.
- Stay at a resort. Relax by the pool, take the odd excursion out to explore, and let the staff and amenities cater to your every need.
Protect Yourself While You Travel
However you travel – solo, with friends, family, or your significant other – and wherever you go, give yourself that extra peace of mind and get travel insurance. It’ll help you enjoy your trip more because you won’t be worrying about what would happen if something didn’t go according to plan.
Ready to get away for the sake of self-care?
Tour+Med is a travel insurance product underwritten by LS-Travel, an insurance company and offered by Hudson’s Bay Financial Services. Tour+Med has provided medical and non-medical travel insurance to Canadian residents since 1996.
Insured clients must meet eligibility conditions, which vary based on age and protection. Exclusions and limitations could apply: see the policy for details.